number 2 n Boggle black letter D pink tag letter G letter r letter A D E

Monday, August 2, 2010

Image Generators and Mashups (Tool #3)

First I used Spell to create the "2nd Grade" banner under the header of my blog. This website was easy to use and it could possibly be used in my classroom as a spelling activity/workstation. It didn't take much time and I know second graders could use it!

Next I tried Wordle. I made this word cloud.

Wordle: 2 grade

I think this could be used at the end of a unit. Students would have to recall everything they have learned about a particular topic and then could present their creation to the class. Since it is pretty easy to recall words I would want them to explain their thinking a little further. Again, this was quick and easy so it is something students could hopefully do independently as a workstation or follow up activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment