number 2 n Boggle black letter D pink tag letter G letter r letter A D E

Monday, August 2, 2010

Tagging and Social Bookmarking (Tool #5)

Wow- I can't believe I didn't know about this before! What an excellent way to share resources...

I created an account on delicious and started searching by tags. I found several interesting sites. At first I searched using "second grade" and I found this website. It seems to have a lot of great math games for second graders that could be used on either the computer or ACTIV board.

http://www.allentownsd.org/EETT/secondgrade.htm#A.__Numbers_and_Operations

Next I searched using more specific tags. I've been wanting to do a book study with Magic Tree House, so I used those tags. I found some things but most of it was more "cutesy." I'll have to look into that some more. I also read aloud a lot of Kevin Henkes books at the beginning of the year, since they go along well with making connections. I've been thinking this year I would branch out and do a more formal author study. I searched "Kevin Henkes" and found several helpful sites, especially this one.

http://hkidshighlights.blogspot.com/2009/03/kevin-henkes-so-much-to-talk-about.html

This is actually another teacher's class blog, and it has some great information and ideas on a Kevin Henkes author study.

I'm so excited to use social bookmarking this year! It will help me find great resources and keep track of them in one place!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to remind you to also use the TEACHING BOOKS database on the Library Resources page if you do an author study. The informamtion is really good.

    I'm glad you are enjoying the social bookmarking!

    ReplyDelete